20 Dec Ponche
Posted at 00:00h in Recipes, reposado 0 Comments
Spike up your fruit punch “ponche” this holiday season and make this December epic. Below is the recipe, you’re welcome.
- 1 gallon water
- 1 pound piloncillo
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 pound of peeled sugar cane, peeled and cut into 1/4″ julienne
- 3 large green apples, cored and quartered
- 3 Bisc pears, cored and quartered
- 1/2 pound guavas, in halves
- 1 orange, cut into quarters
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into rings and then into chunks
- 4 or 5 3″ cinnamon sticks
- 8 tamarind pods
- 4 or 5 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- 15 hibiscus flowers
- orange peel
- 32 oz. reposado
Place all ingredients (except tequila) and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 75 minutes. Leave to cool for 15 minutes and add tequila. Serve with a slice of raw cane and enjoy.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.